Welcome to the Designer Crafts Connection (DCC) Summer Vacation Hop!
Be sure to hop around, there are many fantastic designers sharing various projects about "what you did on your summer vacation". Great techniques are featured along with an exciting variety of projects.
I went to New Orleans this July with my Elks Lodge. I've always wanted to go to New Orleans, it was as magnificent and interesting as I had hoped. This 12x12 scrapbook page is my first of many for the week-long trip and features beautiful architecture from the city. New Orleans is loud and busy, there's so much to look at and take in, and so this layout is the same.
Patterned Paper - indi bloom collection by Basic Grey
Acrylic Paint - Pure Gold, Mushroom, Sand, Mulch by Eco Friendly Crafts
12 x 12" Harlequin Template by Crafters Workshop
Self Adhesive Black/clear bling strips by Want 2 Scrap
Self Adhesive purple Flourish bling by Zva Creative
Guilded Gate and Wrought Iron Dies, Die D-lites by Spellbinders
Gold Embossing Powder by Ranger Ink
Versamark Pad by Tsukineko
Decorating Chalks by ColorZ Chalk
MISC: black cardstock, fleur di lis eyelet, 1" circle punch, cutting tools, including small scissors.
Step 1. Position the Harlequin template over the background paper (Basic Grey) and dry brush with Sand, Mushroom and Pure Gold acrylic paint over 1/2 to 2/3 of the background.
2. Reposition the Harlequin template to the areas that were not painted the first time and dry brush with the same 3 colors of acrylic paint.
3. Dry brush the entire area with Mushroom acrylic paint.
4. Print a fleur di lis shape on 12x12 cardstock and cut it out. Then cut the inside of the shape out, leaving an approximate 1/2" frame of the shape.
5. Apply Versamark to the entire frame, dump on the gold embossing powder and heat. Emboss only once if you like the texture, 2-3 coats for a completely shiny and smooth finish.
6. Cut strips of black cardstock approximately 1/4" wide to create "window" panes for the fleur di lis frame by dividing the open area into 4 sections.
7. Attach photos to the open areas of the fleur, trim as necessary.
8. Matte the photo fleur with black cardstock, trim to create an approximate 1/8" border of black around the gold frame and adhere to the background.
9. Crop and matte other photos and adhere into position.
10. Print the title with Bangle font onto a scrap of purple card stock, trim to fit and adhere.
11. Accent the title with black and clear bling strips on top and bottom.
12. Punch a 1" circle from the same scrap of purple card stock, place it in the center of the window panes of the fleur di lis and adhere with a fleur di lis eyelet (or brad). Chalk the edges of the circle with black.
13. Cut out the gateway and wrought iron die cuts from black card stock, adhere to the page.
14. Place the flourish bling as shown.
15. The photo in the upper left corner was cut out silhouette by hand. It is a post on the sidewalks of New Orleans used to tether horses. Add shadow around silhouette images with black decorating chalk.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are inspired by some of the techniques I've used on this jam-packed layout.