Are you planning a wedding on a budget? Do you know someone who is?
Maybe a birthday milestone, graduation or anniversary?
Today I've coupled the amazing tools from Purple Cows with elegant fonts from Duetica Lettering Arts Studio to create a few paper necessities you'll need to hostess a memorable occasion.
Click the image for a closer view.
PURPLE COWS TOOLS:
Gem Setting Kit #5071
Melt Dual Temperature Craft Iron with 6 tips #5050
Pin It! Tool #7000
Pin It! Set: Solstice #7004
Pin It! Set: Love #7007
Punch It!: Spring #7202
Smart Trimmer #1060
Stamp It! #7500
Stamp It! 6 piece stamp set #7501 Autumn
Fonts by Duetica Lettering Arts Studio
White flower by Petaloo
Green apple card stock, white card stock, standard business envelope, scrap piece of vellum paper, coordinating fibers, black ink and another color ink to coordinate with your card stock. X-Acto Knife and super sticky tape.
1. Use a standard #10 envelope and an RSVP envelope. Close and secure the envelope but make the fold closure 1/4" smaller than marked.
2. Trim 2" off the short end then cut a "V" down 2" from the front panel.
3. Cut green apple card stock 4 1/2" long to width of envelope. Use Punch It!: Spring #7202 along one end and score the same end at 2". Fold over the punched end and insert the non-punched end into the envelope, adhere. Use Punch It!: Spring #7202 in the center of the back panel.
4. Decorate the bottom right corner using the Stamp It! #7500 and Stamp It! 6 piece stamp set #7501 Autumn with green apple ink and black ink. Use only two of the 3 designs available.
5. Wrap with fibers and tie on the back side.
6. Use the Pin It! Tool #7000 and a silver sentiment from Pin It! Set: Love #7007 to embellish the front of the envelope just below the "V".
7. This envelope will hold the invitation, the RSVP card, the RSVP envelope and fit into a standard #10 envelope! (This is why I had you trim it down :o)
1. Create a document with a text block 3.5" x 8.25" and enter your information. It is possible to fit 3 invitations on one 8.5 x 11" document.
2. The fonts used are DT Mandolyn 2-100 (Bold) for the monogram and nuptial names and DT Woodwynds A-00 for everything else. These fonts can be found at the Duetica Lettering Arts Studio.
3. Print the document onto white card stock and trim to size.
4. Use Punch It!: Spring #7202 for the bottom corners.
5. Embellish between the punched corners using the Pin It! Tool #7000 and a silver design from the Pin It! Set: Solstice #7004
6. Wrap with fibers, adhere the fibers to the back and mat onto green apple card stock approximately 3 5/8" x 8.25".
7. Glue the white flower by Petaloo to the center of the fibers and affix a green gem from the Gem Setting Kit #5071 using the Melt Dual Temperature Craft Iron with 6 tips #5050.
R.S.V.P. AND ENVELOPE:
1. Create another document using a text block 4" x 2.5" and enter your information.
2. The fonts used DT Mandolyn H-00 and DT Woodwynds A-00, they can be found at the Duetica Lettering Arts Studio.
3. You can fit 6 text blocks into one 8.5 x 11" document.
4. Print the document on to white card stock and trim to size.
5. Stamp along the bottom of the printed layer using the Stamp It! #7500 and the straight set (not the corner set) from Stamp It! 6 piece stamp set #7501 Autumn using only 2 images and your two color inks.
6. Mat onto green apple card stock. Fit to your envelope, mine is 3" x 4 3/8". (Fold if necessary to fit into the decorated envelope)
7. Stamp opposite corners of the RSVP envelope using the Stamp It! #7500 and 2 layers of the corner set from the Stamp It! 6 piece stamp set #7501 Autumn.
1. Create a document with a text block 6" x 11.75 and enter your information.
2. The size of my "R" is 120. The font is DT Woodwynds L-00 and the "Happily Ever After" that is repeated below is DT Mandolyn F-00.
3. You can fit two text blocks onto one 12x12 document.
4. Print the document onto 12x12 white card stock and cut horizontally at 6".
5. Stamp along the bottom using the Stamp It! #7500 and the straight set (not the corner set) from Stamp It! 6 piece stamp set #7501 Autumn using only 2 images and your two color inks.
6. Punch along the top using Punch It!: Spring #7202.
7. Using a craft knife, cut the widest areas of the monogram out. Save the centers if necessary and trim leaving some of the printed ink color around the border.
8. Adhere vellum behind the cut out. Glue any center pieces of the letter to the front of the vellum as shown and roll the ends together, secure with super sticky tape.
9. I "had" to add a last minute touch of stickles to the dots within the font of the monogram :o)
10. Be safe, do not illuminate with an open flame, use small battery operated votive candles.
GUEST BOOK: I found this cute 8x8" journal at a discount store and altered it to work.
1. Create a document with a text block and enter your information.
2. Mine is 4x6" trimmed down to 4" x 4".
3. The "R" is made with DT Woodwynds L-00 and "Guests" is DT Woodwynds A-00
with a space between each letter.
I hope this collection has inspired you to make your next opportunity for entertaining "Hand-made"! Thank you for stopping by. You can see lots of tutorial videos at http://purplecows.net to learn how to use their helpful tools.