Monday, June 25, 2012
"Congrats" with Duetica.com Lettering Arts Studio
How much time have you wasted in front of the card racks at retail stores looking for that PERFECT card that truly says what you feel in your heart? End the madness!
Creating thoughtful custom greetings is fun and easy with duetica.com's Lettering Art Studio.
DUETICA.COM FONTS: DT Piper A00 and DT Mandolyn G00 both at 60 pt.
Other Supplies: Card stock, Spellbinders dies: Grand Nestabilities, Patterned paper, fabric flower
1. Cut the smallest die shape out of patterned paper and the next size up from solid lime card stock. Emboss them with a compatible die cutting and embossing machine or Wizard.
2. The over all size of this card is 4 1/2 x 6". Cut out the rectangle layer of patterned paper behind the die cut elements 1/2" smaller on 2 sides for layering.
3. Create a document with your sentiments as shown.
4. Print a test on plain white paper to check that "Congrats" and "Graduate" will fit onto the smallest die cut.
5. Print all sentiments onto teal card stock.
6. Use a dry adhesive to attach the small die cut on top of the printed text on the teal card stock.
7. Delete and text from the document that will not be printed onto the small die cut. (I removed the "2012" from my document) This is just in case the paper doesn't exactly line up when you print again, it won't double print over those areas.
8. Place the already printed card stock with the die cut taped over the printed words back into the printer and print again.
9. VIOLA! Cut the strip containing the 2012 from teal card stock. Cut the folding card base from the teal card stock and assemble all elements as shown. (the "2012" strip does not go completely to the right edge under the flower embellishment)
I hope this project inspires you to create your own greetings! It's so easy, you can also visit the Duetica.com Blog for more beautiful font creations. You can also "like" them on Facebook to see projects and updates.