Hello and welcome to the Designer Crafts Connection Blog hop!
We are a diverse group of Craft Industry Designers, sharing our creativity through hopping.
We hop on the FIRST MONDAY of each month as well as have monthly manufacturer challenges. This month we are crafting with Makin's Clay and you could be a winner of this amazing prize valued at just over $111.00!
To visit the next blog, please use the DCC Hop Button at the end of this post or on my sidebar.
This lovely Jamaica inspired 16x20" mixed media project was created with Makin's No Bake Polymer Clay and Makin's Clay tools.
MAKIN'S CLAY SUPPLIES:
3 pkgs black clay
Professional Extruder with adapter
Professional tool kit
Seashells push mold
16x20" stretched canvas, black acrylic paint, Perfect Pearls (Ranger Ink) in various blues, green, gold, copper and purple, colored sand, glue.
1. Draw a design or pattern onto the stretched canvas. Leave 1" border to edge of canvas for framing.
2. Use the Professional Extruder and octagonal shaped adapter to create lines of clay and glue them along the design lines.
3. Paint the entire project black with acrylic paint.
4. Make multiple seashells, 2 fish and one starfish using the Seashell Push Mold and glue them into place.
5. Apply Perfect Pearls pigments to the shells, apply copper pigment to the project design lines. Spritz with water to set.
6. Apply glue inside each area and dump colored sand onto the glue. Let dry. Dump off any excess.
7. Repaint the outside edges with black acrylic paint.
Be sure to check out Makins' Clay on:
Facebook link is: https://www.facebook.com/MakinsClay?ref=ts&fref=ts
Pinterest link is: http://pinterest.com/cindibisson/makin-s-clay/
To enter leave a comment on the Makin's Clay® Blog telling us which project you liked best on the blog hop. The winner will be randomly drawn from all entries on or about October 24th. We will announce the winner on the Makin's Clay blog so please check back Thursday, October 25th to see if you have won!
Keep hopping around to see some more amazing projects with Makin's No Bake Polymer Clay and Tools!