This cute pendant was created with a glass bottle stopper from an oil and reed diffuser.
Glass bottle stopper
12 gauge copper wire
leather cord with closures
wire cutters and needle nose pliers.
Here is a close-up of the beads I used, they heart tear drop or almost heart shaped with little wire loops.
1. Clean the glass stopper thoroughly of any oil from the diffuser to make it safe to handle.
2. Cut a 6" piece of wire and string beads on to it.
3. Wrap the beaded wire around the first indent in the neck of the stopper and twist tightly with needle nose pliers. Trim the twist to about 1/4" then fold over in the back.
4. Wrap the copper wire along the top of the neck of the stopper until it looks solid. (about 9 inches)
5. Use the wire to create a loop in the back, twist and secure.
6. Attach the leather cord with closures.
P.S. The kittens are a bit stir crazy from winter and have missed being in the studio too. As soon as I got upstairs, they were franticly chasing the wire I was trying to twist and that lovely box of beads is scattered all over the floor. oh well! It's good to be back!
Be sure to follow the Altered Arts Magazine page on Facebook for many altered art projects from the entire Design Team!
Post a Comment