Be sure to hop around and see all the great BTS crafts. Many fantastic designers and great projects.
Both of my children are in college. There is lots of books for the engineer and art supplies for the artist, but most of all being organized! Every college student needs binders! So, for this month's BTS craft, I created an inspiring collage that fits into the clear sleeve on the front of a three ring binder.
8 1/2" X 11" Water Color paper-Bonjour Studios
Acrylic Paint: Periwinkle, Lake, Sunflower, Mulch. Pistachio, Blueberry, Black-Eco Green Crafts
Watermark Stamp Pad-Versamark Tsukineko
Pigment Ink: Sky Mist, Wisteria, Celadon, Ultramarine-Versa Craft
Dye ink: Meadow, Adirondack Earthtones-Ranger Ink
Rubberstamps: Bird-2004 Stampin Up, Sun-Rubber Romance Stamps, Flourish-2007 Stampin Up, Tree-Art Impressions
Gold embossing powder-Ranger Ink
Fonts: Bangle, Addict, Amazone BT, Blasphemy, Park Avenue BT, Times New Roman
1. Paint random blotches of color for a background on the watercolor paper. I used watercolor paper because of it's texture and sturdiness. The colors used are: Periwinkle, Lake, Pistachio and Blueberry.
2. Let the paint dry completely.
3. Create a word document with the quote using a different font for each line or word, then print it onto the painted watercolor paper. Let dry or heat set.
4. Stamp the sun with Versamark and emboss with gold embossing powder.
5. Paint the center with sunflower acrylic paint.
6. Stamp trees along the bottom with Meadow dye ink, and then again with Celadon pigment ink. Heat set.
7. Stamp flourishes along the top and sides to meet the trees. Stamp first with Lake, heat set. Then stamp with Wisteria, heat set.
8. Stamp the bird with Ultramarine, heat set.
9. Hand paint with acrylic paint inside the bird and create a branch. Add details to the bird with an ink pen.
If you would like to create your own, you can print the image below of the text I used, or create your own.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you will continue to hop to the next blog to see more crafty Back To School projects.