Welcome to the Festive Friday Blog Hop! You should have just come from Angela Bodas' Blog: Midnight Crafting. She is listed before me, and I'll provide a link at the end of this post for the next person on the list.
We will be posting Christmas Cards on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month (Except December)
Get your creativity going with lots of inspiration and ideas. ENJOY.
"A Star Led the Way" card.
Paper: GCD Studios, Winter Wonderland Collection, Stocking & Poinsettia designer paper
Hunter Green cardstock, Rattan textured paper
Rub On Alpha -Basic Grey
Super sticky tape 1/8" - 3L
Gold Foil - Rubber Stamp Concepts
The Best Glue Ever - ScraPerfect
Perfect Crafting Pouch - ScraPerfect
The striped paper is standard card size: 8.5 x 5.5 folded in half, then mounted onto green card stock and the solid red back side of the poinsettia paper toward the front and the poinsettia design shows on the back.
1. Hand cut whimsical star shape to fit the card front.
2. Spread the surface of the star with The Best Glue Ever! I used my finger. Don't be stingy.
3. Set aside and let the glue dry completely. This glue dries clear and tacky.
4. Created "rays" of star light with super sticky tape cris-crossing over the background.
5. Adhere the gold foil to the tape.
6. Adhere gold foil to the star. It will mostly apply itself to the high spots for a unique look.
7. Attach the star to the card front and rub the title alphas into place.
This picture shows the shiny effect much better, click for a larger image.
If you have questions, please ask!
Now, off you go to Yolonda's Blog
COMPLETE LIST OF FESTIVE FRIDAY BLOGGERS
(2 ladies are taking this week only off and are not listed, they'll be back on the next one)
1) Terri Sproul – http://www.terrisproul.blogspot.com/
2) Chris Hurley - http://www.stinkydogdesigns.blogspot.com/
3) Cheryl Lindsay – http://www.cherlin-ink.blogspot.com/
4) Laura Davidson - http://lauraleesdream.blogspot.com
5) Amanda Marks - http://ajsarts.blogspot.com/
6) Debbie Buckland - http://artycrafty.wordpress.com/
7) Brenda Lee Burfein - http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com/
8) Angela Bodas - http://www.midnightcrafting.blogspot.com/
9) Becky Conley: www.beckyconley.blogspot.com
10) Yolonda: - http://www.craftyscentiments.com/
Becky I love your card!!! What great colours!!!ReplyDelete
The star is amazing! Nice use of color. Great card :)ReplyDelete
Woohoo! and now I have my links corrected LOL Thanks for visiting ladies!ReplyDelete
You did a great job. Thanks so much for the tutorial.ReplyDelete
That is a sparkly card, l love it! I haven't used the foil, but you make it sound so easy I might just give it a try! ;-)ReplyDelete
Wonderful card. I love the sentiment. Great use of paperReplyDelete
what a great card. and welcome to our group.ReplyDelete
Great card ! TfsReplyDelete
Great card. Love the bling!!ReplyDelete
It really IS easy! give it a try and have FUN!ReplyDelete