Here's a card I created with inspiration and a sketch from Cosmo Cricket.
Supplies and tips below. I chose an Autumn theme because the winners will be published in a September issue of Cards Magazine!
*All papers are from the Cosmo Cricket "Snorkel" line: Carbonation & Umbrellas
*Spellbinders Nestabilities scalloped circles and Grand labels
*Red Pepper Adirondak ink by Ranger Inc
* 1 1/4" apple punch and 1" flower punch (EK Success)
*Making Memories larger paper needle
* RED #321 DMC embroidery floss
*Nailhead City purple princess brad
*Caning, from old wooden chair
*PC and printer, Times New Roman font for sentiment
*the Best Glue Ever, ScraPerfect
This card is 6.5 x 4 3/4". I inherited a big box of envelopes this size, so I've been making my cards a bit larger to match. It's kinda FUN because you can fit more on the card fronts.
1. Cut card base from the Umbrella paper, solid to the front.
2. Cut the Grand Nestibility and from Carbonation paper and a 1/2 strip of the circles side of the Umbrella paper and adhered into place. Distress the Grand Label with sanding block.
3. Hand sew a border with red thread, creating a french knot in each corner, end on the back side. Cover the inside threads with a panel of scrap paper.
4. Trim the caning to size and glue into place.
5. Cut 3 smallest scalloped circle nestibilities, and punch one tiny flower from the backside of Carbonation paper, ink the edges and snip each "petal" to the center about 3/4" and curl.
6. Layer the circles with the small flower punch on top and secure with the Princess Brad, glue into place.
7. Punch an apple from the circle side of Umbrella paper, ink edges.
8. Create the needed text in a word document and print on plain paper, check sizing and placement. Adhere the apple punch directly over printed text and print again. (Use temporary adhesive) This works best if you use straight feed for your paper.
9. Glue apple into place.
Neat neat card!ReplyDelete