Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Robin's Nest: Convention Journal

Link
Welcome to my final Robin's Nest post for 2011! (more coming next year :o)

I'll be heading to California in Januray for the Winter Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) Show where I will be meeting and mingling. So, I created this Convention Journal to be my assistant in keeping all of my new contacts organized.

ROBIN'S NEST SUPPLIES:
Calamity Jane Stripe card stock
Glitter Pine Trees double sided card stock (back side is Just for Boys Stripe)
Brown Fish Net
Live Brightly rub on flourish
Country blue mesh fabric

Miscellaneous supplies:
3L clear pockets
fibers, plastic leaves,
shells, flat shell, mica,
art glitter
charms: sand dollar and moon w/ star
dolphin wall paper cut out
rubber snake, sea glass
5.5 x 8.5 chipboard (2)
RubiCoil binding machine and coil
balsa wood, dowel and acrylic paint to make buoys.
left over wood flourish (Kaiser Craft)
left over shell die cut (Spellbinders)

I adhered the Calamity Jane Stripe to the outside cover of the chip board and Glitter Pine Trees card stock to the inside covers with the Just for Boys Stripe side up. Then I punched them with the RubiCoil and decorated the front of the book as shown. I added glitter to areas where glue was showing (around net edges, wood flourish and among the shells)

There are 15 pages of printed card stock (both sides = 30) inside with a clear pocket on each to hold a business card from new contacts. 20 sheets of plain white paper and 20 sheets of lined paper. After the cover completely dried, I assembled with the coil binding.


HERE'S A GREAT TIP when binding: some how, my paper wasn't loaded correctly for this punch and the holes go off the page. OH NO, don't throw it away!



ANOTHER AWESOME use for Duck Tape!!
Cut a strip of duck tape approx 1", place half on the front side then fold over to the back side and re-punch!



VIOLA! GOOD AS NEW.


If you are going to a convention and need one of these journals, please contact me for a quote and details.

Thank you for stopping by today, please visit the Robin's Nest Blog: Chattering Robins for more inspiration and project ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment