Thursday, December 15, 2011

USArtQuest Design Team Application



Hello All, Welcome to my USArtQuest Design Team application.
I really had fun with this project and was able to use some USArtQuest products too.

This board started out like this: it was one of those gambling / ticket boards at a local private club. There are 14 recessed rectangles that are 4.25x3".

I removed the clear laminate and the image down to the bare board and then I painted it with Artists' Gesso............ and just LOOK at all the help I had :o)

Patches and Tippy are 5 months old, they are SO curious.

I used acrylic paints and 2 blues from the Mica Watercolors by USArtQuest to paint the background. Then I painted some branches with two colors of brown acrylic paint.



The gold and red fonts were cut with Cricut cartridges: Plantin Schoolbook and Rock Princess 1 1/4".



"Love" was cut from a sheet of adhesive shell material that is made by USArtQuest, but I think it may no longer be available. I created a text document in word, then printed it in mirror image and adhered it to the back and cut it out with scissors and an blade cutter. The red heart that dots the "I"s came out of the "P" in the Rock Princess font, I liked it so much I cut another "P" so I could have another little heart for the other "I" :o)


I used a ruler as a guide to keep the letters aligned.


I printed the birds on regular paper, cut them out and decoupaged into place.
The top left rectangle is covered by a different color/style of the shell sheets made by USArtQuest. The rest of the depressions were filled with a large photo that I took in Barbados cut apart to fit the spaces. I added lots of miscellaneous left over embellishments, charms, the dolphin is a wall paper cut out, paper umbrella, metal sand dollar, shells, frog bead, tile squares, and there is a little monkey in the tree (second down on left). It is sealed with glossy clear coat.
There are three metal sentiments between the depressions on the left: "friends", "laughter" and "enjoy". I made holes and adhered them with glue and mini brads through the holes.

This collage could have been titled "My Favorite Things"! I just love the way it turned out; birds and the beach with lots of fun accents!

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog. Please be sure to visit USArtQuest.com and their blog: to learn more about their amazing products and watch some great "how to videos".

Make art everyday!
Becky

5 comments:

  1. GREAT project. thanks for your submission to be a part of the UsArtQuest DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous job and very creative re use Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's great ! Good luck with your submission ! X Fab

    ReplyDelete