Woohoo! We made it through another year, and a holiday season :o) Welcome to my very first "Festive Friday" post of 2012. This hop will post Christmas Cards (or other Holiday projects) every 2nd and 4th Friday of each month EXCEPT December. Use the link on my side bar or directly below:
This week, I've created an ornament. A very patriotic ornament that will be displayed at the Winter Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) Show in Anaheim, CA Jan 27th through Feb 2nd. Many CHA Designers are participating in this "Giving Tree", all ornaments are created specifically for a charity and will be raffled off at the show.
There are NINE charities involved (listed below), this ornament is for "Operation Write Home". Being a retired Marine myself, I am always enthusiastic to contribute to various Veterans organizations.
1. Operation Write Home - www.operationwritehome.org - Supports our Nation's
Armed Forces by sending blank hand-crafted greeting cards to the troops so they
can write cards home.
2. Warm Up America Foundation - www.craftyarncouncil.com/warmup.html -
An organization made up of volunteers who create handmade afghan blankets,
clothing and accessories to help those in need. These items provide warmth and
comfort to people who have lost their homes, fled abusive relations, or are being
cared for in hospices, shelters, hospitals and nursing homes.
3. Kids In Need Foundation - www.kinif.org - The mission is to ensure that every
child is prepared to learn and succeed by providing free school and art supplies
nationally to students most in need.
4. ConKerr Cancer - www.conkerrcancer.org - ConKerr Cancer donates handmade
sewn pillowcases for chronically ill children in hospitals in order to make
their stay as pleasant as possible.
5. Crops of Luv - www.cropsofluv.com - Crops of Luv is a non-profit organization
that creates scrapbook albums for children and families facing critical illnesses.
6. Charity Wings/Scrapbook Royalty - www.charitywings.org - Charity Wings
hosts and sponsors crafting events across the country in order to raise money for
worthy, charitable causes.
7. The Portable Playhouse - www.theportableplayhouse.org - provides in-hospital
beading with women and children undergoing cancer treatments.
8. Crafting For A Cure - www.craftingforacure.ca - looks for opportunities
through crafts and other means to ensure children are having a positive experience
when a hospital visit is necessary.
9. The Boys & Girls Clubs of America - www.bgca.org - Boys & Girls Clubs are
a safe place to learn and grow - all while having fun. It is the place where great
futures are started each and every day.
Thank you for visiting my blog, please become a follower: it's going to be an exciting year!
Now, hop around to all the blogs using the "Festive Friday" hop button in this post or on my left side bar.