Friday, March 9, 2012

Festive Friday Blog Hop #5

Welcome to the Festive Friday Blog Hop! We will post Christmas Cards (or other Holiday projects) every 2nd and 4th Friday of each month EXCEPT December. Use the link on my side bar or at the end of this post.



For me, the "Tree" is the most symbolic of Christmastime. I've had these buttons hanging around for um.............. 8+ years LOL and it was time to give them a purpose. Some of them are fairly small, but Embellie Gellie made my task easier.




This card is 5x7". I cut a piece of textured wallpaper 4.5 x 6.6 then layered it onto patterned card stock. I added some stitched zig zag detailing with gold thread. Next I punched out circles of the patterned paper, using the backside and put dots of The Best Glue Ever! where I wanted the buttons to be. When the glue is dry, use the Embellie Gellie to pick up the buttons and place them onto the glue areas. Viola! Quick and easy. I am a woman of few words :o) If I add a sentiment later it could be a miracle, mostly I write my greetings inside the cards.

Thanks for hopping! Be sure to visit all of the blogs, you may find some blog candy! Come back often, the next Festive Friday will be March 23.





6 comments:

  1. Love the button tree, and I was going to ask if that was wallpaper! The texture is fabulous. I bet those buttons are glad to have a purpose finally! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! That Embellie Gellie is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of using buttons to make a tree... I will have to check out Embellie Gellie! Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the button tree :) Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the card and idea - that little tool would come in handy when I glue my sequins - since I glue them one at a time! my finger tips end up full of glue all the time LOL

    ReplyDelete