Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Altered Arts Magazine: Asian Fan Pendant
Welcome to my first Altered Arts Magazine Design Team post for August!
Today I've created a pendant from a broken CD which, to me, resembles an Asian fan.
Melting Pot, Heat resistant craft sheet, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE Brights, Green Zinna and clear) Perfect Pearls ( Turquoise and Purple Violet) and Bedazzles (Disco Ball) by Ranger Ink.
Emerald pigment ink by VersaCraft
Vine background stamp (Stampin Up!)
3d Crystal Lacquer, Heart bail and silver chain by Sakura
1. Pour UTEE into melting pot, cover and let melt, stir gently to blend.
2. Cut or break the CD to desired size.
3. Use metal tweezers to dip the CD into the melted UTEE.
4. Place the dipped CD onto the craft sheet and stamp the background stamp using VersaCraft Emerald ink. Leave the stamp in the melted UTEE until it cools and sets up, then remove the stamp.
5. Brush random blotches of Perfect Pearls colors onto the surface of the project. Spritz with water to set.
6. Dip the bottom edge back into the UTEE and immediately into a tray of the Bedazzles.
7. Coat the entire project and attach the bail with 3d Crystal Lacquer.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Make art everyday!