Monday, August 6, 2012
Kids Crafting with Purple Cows
Welcome crafty people! Today is also the Designer Crafts Connection blog hop! Designers and crafters will be sharing some fabulous back to school and kids craft ideas. You can use the hop button on my side bar anytime to visit the Designers who participate. There is also a hop button at the bottom of this post.
This month, Purple Cows, Inc is celebrating and promoting their Hot and Cold Laminating Machines, so I had some fun making book marks from my stash of scraps! This is fun idea that children can help you with. Maybe to make presents during the holidays or party favors for birthdays.
PURPLE COWS TOOLS:
13" Hot and Cold Laminator
Stamp It! #7500
Stamp It! 6 piece stamp set: Winter
Smart Trimmer #1060
Other supplies: Patterned paper, sheet music, rub ons and stickers, 3 shades of ink, fabric leaves, glitter glue.
1. Turn the 13" Hot and Cold Laminator on to preheat.
2. Cut strips of paper in varied widths to accommodate your embellishments but not longer than 8".
3. Embellish and decorate the paper strips.
4. Place the decorated paper strips into the laminating sheet, leave 1/2" or more between the strips.
5. Run the sheet through the 13" Hot and Cold Laminator.
6. Let cool slightly then trim them apart with the Smart Trimmer #1060, giving about 1/4" of border around the paper.
**The sheet music book mark was stamped with the corner set from the Stamp It! 6 piece stamp set: Winter using the Stamp It! #7500.
Thank you for stopping by! Please visit the Purple Cows blog for more project ideas and inspiration.
Craft on! and hop to the next blog.