Hello, and welcome to my second post of the month for the Altered Arts Magazine Design Team.
I'm still meditating and needed a place to put my incense and candles :o)
This celestial storage box was created from a wooden cigar box.
wood cigar box
Perfect Pearl pigment powders (Ranger Ink)
Mini mister (to set the Perfect Pearls)
Dimensional metallic copper paint by Tulip
Black Spray Paint: Krylon
1. Spray paint the box black, use as many coats as necessary for good coverage.
2. Dab blotches of Perfect Pearls in blues and purples on each side of the box, spritz with water to set and let dry completely.
3. Cut the star shape from chipboard and spray paint black.
4. Apply gold and copper Perfect Pearls to the "rays" of the star, apply blue/purple to the center and mist to set.
5. Draw the circle and ohm with Tulip Metallic Copper dimensional paint, let dry.
6. Adhere the star shape to the top of the box.
Thanks for swinging in for some altering fun!
You can also "like" Altered Arts Magazine on Facebook where all the designers share project ideas and design tips.
Make Art Everyday!