Hello and welcome to the Designer Crafts Connection Manufacturer's Challenge hop!
We are a diverse group of Craft Industry Designers, sharing our creativity through hopping.
We hop on the FIRST MONDAY of each month but today is a SPECIAL HOP with a challenge from SmoothFoam
To visit the next blog, please use the DCC Hop Button at the end of this post or on my sidebar.
You can win a prize package from Smoothfoam! To enter to win, leave a comment on the blog of the designer that has made your favorite project and say what they would make with Smoothfoam.
The more often yoiu comment the more chances you will have to win. All the
projects will be posted on Pinterest so readers can comment there too.
The winner will be announced on our Facebook Page on November
I made this old fashioned tree center piece using the SmoothFoam as the structure.
3 Balls: 3", 4", and 6"
1x8" flat circle base
3/8" wooden dowel
3" wide lace
large gold buttons
large star punch
gold foil paper
hot glue gun
Say it in Pearls embellishment (Prima)
1. Cut 3" pieces of dowel to assemble as shown. This will create holes for you to locate easier later and pre-poke them to make assembly easier with the fabric on.
2. Cover the base in fabric using a hot glue gun to secure on the bottom.
3. Hot glue lace around the edge using accordion style.
4. Cover the largest ball (6") in fabric, securing with hot glue, but do not go completely over the base and do no cover the hole you made earlier.
5. Place the 3" of dowel previously cut into the base piece hole, put some hot glue on it and around it then slide on the 6" ball.
6. Cut a piece of lace and tie around the base of the ball where the two pieces meet. Tie a knot and hot glue into place. Embellish with a gold button. Trim the tails of the lace.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the next two balls.
8. Punch two stars from gold card stock and hot glue together with a piece of heavy wire glued in between them.
9. Embellish the star in the center with a "say it in pearls" embellishment.
10. Push the wire / star into the top of the tree.
Thanks so much for stopping by, please continue to hop around to see what the other Designers have created with Smoothfoam and enter to win a great prize.
Becky.JPG" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">