Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Welcome crafty people! Today I am scrapbooking with Purple Cows! The adorable little girl is my friend's grand daughter, Jane and she's playing Pat-A-Cake and clapping!
PURPLE COWS TOOLS:
Stamp It! #7500
Stamp It! 6 piece stamp set: Spring #7503
Smart Trimmer #1060
Pin It! #7000
Pin It! Pin Set-Laurel Leaf #7008
Other supplies: Patterned paper by KI Memories (Merry and Bright), Sage card stock, Ivory stationary paper, manilla tag, red satin ribbon, large red daisy, Red glitter alpha stickers (Robin's Nest), Ink pads: Adirondak Lettuce, Vermillion Lacquer by Ranger and Pinkolicious by ColorBox, Red marker.
1. Cut Ivory stationary paper to 8 3/4" x 6 1/2".
2. Start on a short edge in the right corner.
3. Use Stamp 1 with the Vermillion Lacquer, Stamp 2 with the Pinkolicious, and Stamp 3 with the Adirondak Lettuce.
4. Stamp a complete set of all three corner stamp images in bottom right corner and stamp a straight border design using all three stamps and ink colors.
5. Rotate the Ivory paper in the Stamp It! #7500 Tool, placing the right corner as shown and repeat stamping the corner and one straight border set.
6. The long side has two sets of the straight border. Slide the paper to the right the Stamp It! #7500 Tool, Use the guide arrow to line up the end of your first border set.
7. Close the Stamp It! #7500 Tool gently and stamp another straight border set.
8. Turn the paper again at this time to stamp a corner set and one straight set.
9. This is the last turn!! Stamp your corner set and one straight border set.
10. Slide the Ivory paper to the right for the final straight border set. You can now center the two arrows on the Stamp It! #7500 Tool to line up where your final straight border set will be placed.
11. Mat the stamped Ivory paper onto sage card stock and attach to the background paper using glue on the sides and bottom only, to create a pocket for the journaling tag with red ribbon.
12 Glue the photo into place (4x6) .
13 Add the title with alpha stickers outlined in red marker.
14. Cut a strip of Sage card stock 12" x 3/4" and attach four gold leaves from the
Pin It! Pin Set-Laurel Leaf #7008 using the Pin It! #7000 Tool.
15. Glue the embellished strip horizontally below the photo mat.
16. Remove the green plastic backing from the fabric flower and trim the center nub on the back, so it will lay flatter and glue into place.
Thank you for stopping by! Please visit the Purple Cows blog for more project ideas and inspiration.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Hello crafty peeps! I just wanted to share a quickie project with you.
I have two baskets of cards and ATCs that I've made for swaps, I hold on to the extras :o)
Because I've always been frugal like that! (Even before green was trendy, haha!)
This ATC was for an "About Me" swap for a Creating Keepsakes University.
It's STILL a very good representation of "me". My favorite colors (including some shiny stuff!), Flowers, the beach, I'm from Maine-hence the lighthouse, and I love my kitties!! Contact info and a head shot are on the back side. The sky is ink and the sand is Krylon stone fleck paint in the color "sand".
Today, I made a quick "thank you" note using paper from my scrap bin to put inside a package for a blog winner's prize package. So glad I keep these little jewels, they make crafting quick and easy!
Thanks for stopping by!
p.s. Purple Cows project coming tomorrow..........
Friday, July 20, 2012
Hello and welcome! Today I'm scrapbooking with Duetica.com's Lettering Arts Studio.
I always start a scrapbook page with the with photo and let it tell me how the rest of the layout is going to feel. This adorable young lady is my grand baby, Ryan. She's being very silly and having a great time enjoying her watermelon and the warm weather that we don't see often enough in Maine. I wanted this layout to be whimsical and fun, like when you run through a field of wildflowers and the butterflies swarm.
Duetica.com offers gorgeous fonts that work beautifully with this theme.
Title: DT Saxi F50
Tag: DT Piper A00
Other Supplies: 12x12 background paper (Colorbok pattern pack) Lotus 2 "Sheer Delights" by KI Memories, Say it in Pearls (bling) by Prima, Color Stories (flowers) by Blue Hill Studios, Butterfly Pops by Basic Grey, "Stitched" brads by Basic Grey, bling brads by My Mind's Eye, Pastel mini brads by Making Memories, Large flower eyelet (Lime) misc. and green fibers.
Tools: Paper trimmer, piercing tool, corner rounder, eyelet setter and hole punch.
1. Print your title directly on to the 12x12 background paper.
2. Create the text block for the tag, leaving some room on the top for an eyelet and fibers.
3. Print onto Card stock and trim to size, round the corners, attach an eyelet centered at the top and add fibers through the eyelet.
4. Cut the "Sheer Delights" Lotus 2 sheet in half, then trim off about 2" from the bottom (where the design dips in). Use clear adhesive to adhere to the background as shown.
5. Attach the photo using adhesive on the top, bottom and right side only, to create a pocket for the tag.
6. Place the bling along bottom right of the page and embellish the bottom left corner with clusters of flowers attached with brads. Add few small flowers in the bling and attach butterflies.
This layout is a great example of how you can mix and match many different product lines to work together. They all use the Pantone color index. So have fun, and only buy what you love, it will all work together!
Please visit the duetica.com design blog for more crafty ideas and video tutorials.
OH I ALMOST FORGOT! TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY, SO ONE LUCKY READER WILL WIN A PRIZE! A FULL SHEET OF MY RUBBER STAMPS!
This is a full 8 x10" sheet of red rubber. I will also include a sheet of static sticky foam for use with acrylic blocks.
Please leave a comment and be a follower of my blog to win.
If you're feeling chatting, I'm on facebook and twitter too! See my top sidebar.
If you are not the lucky winner, these stamps can be purchased at heartsintouch.com
ALL SHEETS ARE ON SALE NOW $10 EACH, EMAIL ORDERS TO:
The winner will be drawn on Sunday, 7/22 and shipped on Monday 7/23.
Thanks so much for visiting.........