Friday, June 29, 2012
Purple Cows: Spring Scrapbook Page
Today I created a colorful striped background and element for a Spring scrapbook page featuring my friend's grand-daughter, Jane. I pulled the bright colors from Jane's cute hat.
PURPLE COWS SUPPLIES:
Punch It! Solstice, Spring, & Summer
Smart Trimmer #1060
Other supplies: Yellow Ribbon, corner rounder, decorating chalks, card stock
FONTS: Duetica.com DT Piper J00, DT Saxi I80
1. Punch a border along 12x12 and then cut it off with the Smart Trimmer #1060.
2. You will need 3 strips of 3 colors.
3. Use a different Punch It! design for each color.
4. Attach the strips to the background paper approximately 1/2" apart in a repeating pattern.
5. Create a 12x12 document with text elements and a 6" circle.
6. Print onto card stock and then cut out.
7. Punch around the edge of the 6" circle with the Punch It! Solstice 9 times.
8. There is no need to punch the edge that will be covered by the photo.
9. Place 5-6" strips of ribbon through both holes at the top of each punched out design to create the sun "rays".
10. Use adhesive at the edge of the paper to secure ribbon when folded over.
11. Use decorating chalk (orange) around the edges of the paper on the sun and all word blocks.
12. Adhere the sun into place along with the photo.
13. Anchor the ribbon with a dry adhesive so they won't flop around too much or get bent in the wrong direction.
14. Attach all printed word blocks.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please visit the Purple Cows Blog for great project ideas.
Check out the Purple Cows MOOTUBE featuring very helpful video tutorials so you can see just how easy it is to use their fabulous tools.
Posted by Becky Conley at 12:00 AM No comments:
Labels: Punch It, Purple Cows, ribbon, scrapbooking
Monday, June 25, 2012
"Congrats" with Duetica.com Lettering Arts Studio
How much time have you wasted in front of the card racks at retail stores looking for that PERFECT card that truly says what you feel in your heart? End the madness!
Creating thoughtful custom greetings is fun and easy with duetica.com's Lettering Art Studio.
DUETICA.COM FONTS: DT Piper A00 and DT Mandolyn G00 both at 60 pt.
Other Supplies: Card stock, Spellbinders dies: Grand Nestabilities, Patterned paper, fabric flower
1. Cut the smallest die shape out of patterned paper and the next size up from solid lime card stock. Emboss them with a compatible die cutting and embossing machine or Wizard.
2. The over all size of this card is 4 1/2 x 6". Cut out the rectangle layer of patterned paper behind the die cut elements 1/2" smaller on 2 sides for layering.
3. Create a document with your sentiments as shown.
4. Print a test on plain white paper to check that "Congrats" and "Graduate" will fit onto the smallest die cut.
5. Print all sentiments onto teal card stock.
6. Use a dry adhesive to attach the small die cut on top of the printed text on the teal card stock.
7. Delete and text from the document that will not be printed onto the small die cut. (I removed the "2012" from my document) This is just in case the paper doesn't exactly line up when you print again, it won't double print over those areas.
8. Place the already printed card stock with the die cut taped over the printed words back into the printer and print again.
9. VIOLA! Cut the strip containing the 2012 from teal card stock. Cut the folding card base from the teal card stock and assemble all elements as shown. (the "2012" strip does not go completely to the right edge under the flower embellishment)
I hope this project inspires you to create your own greetings! It's so easy, you can also visit the Duetica.com Blog for more beautiful font creations. You can also "like" them on Facebook to see projects and updates.
Posted by Becky Conley at 12:00 AM 1 comment:
Labels: cards, DT mandolyn, duetica.com, graduation, greeting card
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)