Hello and to the blog!
This project is my very first creation with a new team. My Grandmother's Teacups (MGT) designs by Tracy. The shop is on Etsy. MGT Printable Treasure
You can use my code for 30% off! MGTBECKY
Here's the wooden tissue box that I decoupaged with the paper from the Blue Hydrangea collection.
I'll walk you through the steps and at the end is a link to a YouTube video that explains it all!
I picked up a wooden tissue box from a local thrift store: Lucky Finds Thrift Store in Rochester, NH
I used a fine grain sandpaper to rough up the outside of the box and remove the old decals.
Next, I painted the sides with a periwinkle acrylic paint that matched the hydrangea paper design.
When the paint is dry, I used Maker's Magic to apply the Hydrangea paper to the top of the box. I covered the paper while wet with clear plastic and used a brayer roller to make sure it stayed flat and without bubbles or wrinkles.
Using a blade tool, I cut out the tissue hole and sanded all edges. I inked the edges with a matching pigment ink and heat set it with an embossing gun and then sealed the entire project with Maker's Magic.
Here's the video!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend.
I hope you craft something beautiful today.
Mwah!
Becky





I love it. Thrifting is a hobby in itself,and I can never resist the wooden boxes and shelves.
ReplyDelete