Thursday, July 12, 2012
Altered Arts Magazine: "Be the change" Tag
Welcome to my very first post for the Altered Arts Magazine Design Team!
I am very excited to be a part of this wonderful team and to share my altered projects with my readers.
This tag was created with mixed mediums and some fun techniques, I hope you'll give it a try!
Patterned paper "Fancy Free collection by Fancy Pants
Teal Card stock - DCWV
Acrylic paint "Periwinkle" Eco Green Crafts
Memory Mist: Mango Lemonade
Bird in Cage embellishment- Jolee's Boutique
Glass beads "frosted mix" -Create a Craft
"Vine" background stamp-Stampin Up!
Scroll fence stamp - (my sheet design at heartsintouch.com)
Versa Mark pad
Adirondak "Lettuce" dye ink pad and Silver Embossing Powder -Ranger Ink
Black journaling pen -Frances Meyer/Chartpak
Label Buddy: Label machine and black label tape-DYMO
Misc: variegated green eyelash fibers, 4 shell buttons, 8 beige mini brads, large chipboard tag
1. Glue patterned paper to the white tag.
2. Cut 2" strip of teal card stock and glue along the bottom of the tag.
3. Dry brush acrylic paint around the edges mostly with some light spots all over the tag.
4. Stamp the entire tag with Vine background stamp.
5. Spritz the upper left corner with Memory Mist. Heat set the entire tag.
6. Stamp the Scroll Fence using Versa Mark and emboss with silver EP.
7. Attach the shell buttons along the bottom of the tag using mini brads.
8. Add fibers where the patterned paper meets the solid card stock.
9. Punch a hole in the top of the tag and attach fibers.
10. Adhere the bird house embellishment.
11. Write the sentiment, use the Label Buddy for the last word "World".
12. Glue glass beads around the fibers below the bird cage.
Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you enjoyed the project. Please be sure to visit Altered Arts Magazine to see the wonderful project ideas they have to offer. You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
Until next time, make art every day!