Hello and welcome! Today I'm scrapbooking with Duetica.com's Lettering Arts Studio.
I always start a scrapbook page with the with photo and let it tell me how the rest of the layout is going to feel. This adorable young lady is my grand baby, Ryan. She's being very silly and having a great time enjoying her watermelon and the warm weather that we don't see often enough in Maine. I wanted this layout to be whimsical and fun, like when you run through a field of wildflowers and the butterflies swarm.
Duetica.com offers gorgeous fonts that work beautifully with this theme.
Title: DT Saxi F50
Tag: DT Piper A00
Other Supplies: 12x12 background paper (Colorbok pattern pack) Lotus 2 "Sheer Delights" by KI Memories, Say it in Pearls (bling) by Prima, Color Stories (flowers) by Blue Hill Studios, Butterfly Pops by Basic Grey, "Stitched" brads by Basic Grey, bling brads by My Mind's Eye, Pastel mini brads by Making Memories, Large flower eyelet (Lime) misc. and green fibers.
Tools: Paper trimmer, piercing tool, corner rounder, eyelet setter and hole punch.
1. Print your title directly on to the 12x12 background paper.
2. Create the text block for the tag, leaving some room on the top for an eyelet and fibers.
3. Print onto Card stock and trim to size, round the corners, attach an eyelet centered at the top and add fibers through the eyelet.
4. Cut the "Sheer Delights" Lotus 2 sheet in half, then trim off about 2" from the bottom (where the design dips in). Use clear adhesive to adhere to the background as shown.
5. Attach the photo using adhesive on the top, bottom and right side only, to create a pocket for the tag.
6. Place the bling along bottom right of the page and embellish the bottom left corner with clusters of flowers attached with brads. Add few small flowers in the bling and attach butterflies.
This layout is a great example of how you can mix and match many different product lines to work together. They all use the Pantone color index. So have fun, and only buy what you love, it will all work together!
Please visit the duetica.com design blog for more crafty ideas and video tutorials.
OH I ALMOST FORGOT! TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY, SO ONE LUCKY READER WILL WIN A PRIZE! A FULL SHEET OF MY RUBBER STAMPS!
This is a full 8 x10" sheet of red rubber. I will also include a sheet of static sticky foam for use with acrylic blocks.
Please leave a comment and be a follower of my blog to win.
If you're feeling chatting, I'm on facebook and twitter too! See my top sidebar.
If you are not the lucky winner, these stamps can be purchased at heartsintouch.com
ALL SHEETS ARE ON SALE NOW $10 EACH, EMAIL ORDERS TO:
The winner will be drawn on Sunday, 7/22 and shipped on Monday 7/23.
Thanks so much for visiting.........