Sunday, July 1, 2012
Collage with Duetica Lettering Arts Studio
It's fun and easy to create personalized and custom art for gift giving.
I was thinking about my sister today and decided to create this collage after coming across this anonymous quote.
It's OK to experiment with collage, it's built in layers. So, if you don't like the way it looks, just add another layer! :o) I used many supplies and mediums, there is a complete list at the bottom.
1. Cut a page of sheet music to size (8x10)
2. Add 3 colors randomly with a brush, let some of the music notes peek through.
DUETICA.COM FONTS USED:
DT Mandolyn2 COO, DT Saxi AOO, DT Woodwynds IOO, DT Floot H70, DT Mandolyn1 FOO, DT Piper JOO, DT Tin Whistle FOO
3. Create a document the same size as your project and insert text.
4. Print the document on plain white paper to use as a guide when adding elements to your collage.
5. Stamp flowers in lower right corner using the "huffing" method. HUFFING: use watercolor markers to color directly on the stamp. When finished "huff" your breath onto the stamp to moisten the pigment, then stamp onto your project.
6. Add color to the flowers with alcohol pens.
7. Place a large stencil over the entire project and spray with Glitter Spritz. Heat set.
8. Stamp ferns and flourish with Lettuce Adirondak ink. (top right and small one left, flourish is on the right under pink flowers)
9. Stamp the flourish with Clover Adirondak ink. (bottom right)
10. Spray the entire project with a light coat Krylon Matte Finish. Let dry completely.
11. Adjust any word placement needed in your document, then print onto your project.
12. Stamp the pink flowers on the right using the huffing method again.
13. Stamp the butterfly using Walnut distress ink.
14. Heat set the entire project and spray again with Krylon Matte Finish.
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you are inspired to collage!
Please visit duetica.com Lettering Arts Studio for project ideas and more inspiration.
FONTS by duetica.com
Adirondak dye ink: Lettuce, Clover (Ranger Ink)
Walnut distress ink (Ranger Ink)
CR 1,2 and 3 and TN5 Alcohol Markers (Spectrum Noir)
Fern Stamp by heartsintouch.com
Periwinkle, Lake and Butternut acrylic paint (ECO Green Crafts)
Pink flowers and butterfly from Butterfly Post Collection Eco Green Crafts
Bottom right flowers by Stampendous
Flourish by Stampin Up!
Large butterfly/flourish template (Crafters Workshop)
Glitz Spritz Medieval Gold (Lindy's Stamp Gang)
PC AND PRINTER, Sheet music-miscellaneous