Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Robin's Nest: Summer Scrapbook Layout



Hello and welcome to my Robin's Nest post. It's barely spring but I'm yearning for much warmer weather :o) I pulled out some of the summer pool fun photos and had a great time creating this very layered scrapbook layout.



ROBIN'S NEST SUPPLIES:
Teal Stamp card stock
Daisy Stripe card Stock
Glitter Wedding Swirl card Stock
Teal Woven Mesh
Glitter Chipboard: Teal, yellow and gold
Blue Glitter Card Stock Letters: Classic
Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops: yellow ones

Other Supplies:
gold embossed card stock, Star Punches (3 sizes), Teal Color Wash (Ranger Ink) Circle punches (2 sizes and traced a CD as large circle template) Embellie Gellie (ScraPerfect)

I used this sketch as my inspiration for the layout but changed a few things. I "liked" in on Pinterest: click the image for the original link by Susan Stringfellow at sketchsaavy.blogspot.com

Tip 1: Add color to embossed papers with ink or color washes. I tinted the Glitter Wedding Swirl card Stock with teal color wash so it would compliment this layout.

Tip 2: I cut the Daisy Stripe paper nearly in half and turned the second piece 90 degrees to create a side and bottom border.

Tip 3: Use Embellie Gellie to pick up and accurately place small embellishments such as the Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops.



Thank you for stopping by. I challenge you to use this sketch to inspire you to create a fun layout too. Please visit the Robin's Nest blog: Chattering Robins for more project ideas and inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Great summer layout! We are experiencing summer - today is in the 70 - 80 temps! It's crazy! LOL! Love the details on the embellies - very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am yearning for summer too! Very cute layout!

    ReplyDelete