Friday, November 18, 2011

Sakura: Fairy in the Forest Card with VivaLasVegasStamps!



Today, I'm combining all the fun of Sakura's 3d Crystal Lacquer with the gorgeous rubber stamp image by VivaLasVegasStamps!

--I chased my muse into the forest and there flew the butterfly fairies--

SAKURA SUPPLIES:
3d Color Crystal Lacquer: Red, Yellow, Ivory
3d Pearl and Metallic Crystal Lacquer: Lilac, Gold

Butterfly Lady Rubber Stamp
by VivaLasVegasStamps!

OTHER SUPPLIES:
Copper pigment ink, clear embossing powder, microbeads and glitter, fibers, deckle scissors and distress ink.
Palm Tree Border paper and Glitter Brown Paisley card stock by Robin's Nest

I was very happy to see that the Ivory 3D Color Crystal Lacquer made a perfect skin tone for my butterfly lady.

I stamped the image onto the Palm Tree Border paper with copper pigment ink and embossed with clear fine embossing powder. Then I cut it out, inked the edges and glued it to the background paper (Brown Glitter Paisley).

I applied Ivory first and let it set up for a few minutes and sprinkled micro beads and glitter to the body area. Then the Pearl and Metallic 3D Crystal Lacquer because it's a bit thicker. Finally I colored the rest of the areas with the translucent Color 3D Crystal Lacquer.

Add a touch of fibers and Viola!
I hope you enjoyed my little excursion, I needed a diversion away from the Holidays to a warmer, more serene place :o)

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog, if you enjoyed this project, please become a follower to receive updates when new projects are posted.

Don't forget to visit the Sakura Hobby Crafts blog for more inspiration and project ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment