Friday, June 29, 2012
Purple Cows: Spring Scrapbook Page
Today I created a colorful striped background and element for a Spring scrapbook page featuring my friend's grand-daughter, Jane. I pulled the bright colors from Jane's cute hat.
PURPLE COWS SUPPLIES:
Punch It! Solstice, Spring, & Summer
Smart Trimmer #1060
Other supplies: Yellow Ribbon, corner rounder, decorating chalks, card stock
FONTS: Duetica.com DT Piper J00, DT Saxi I80
1. Punch a border along 12x12 and then cut it off with the Smart Trimmer #1060.
2. You will need 3 strips of 3 colors.
3. Use a different Punch It! design for each color.
4. Attach the strips to the background paper approximately 1/2" apart in a repeating pattern.
5. Create a 12x12 document with text elements and a 6" circle.
6. Print onto card stock and then cut out.
7. Punch around the edge of the 6" circle with the Punch It! Solstice 9 times.
8. There is no need to punch the edge that will be covered by the photo.
9. Place 5-6" strips of ribbon through both holes at the top of each punched out design to create the sun "rays".
10. Use adhesive at the edge of the paper to secure ribbon when folded over.
11. Use decorating chalk (orange) around the edges of the paper on the sun and all word blocks.
12. Adhere the sun into place along with the photo.
13. Anchor the ribbon with a dry adhesive so they won't flop around too much or get bent in the wrong direction.
14. Attach all printed word blocks.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please visit the Purple Cows Blog for great project ideas.
Check out the Purple Cows MOOTUBE featuring very helpful video tutorials so you can see just how easy it is to use their fabulous tools.
Posted by Becky Conley at 12:00 AM
Labels: Punch It, Purple Cows, ribbon, scrapbooking
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment